Your baby’s shoes are essential for your baby’s foot development. Oversized shoes will not only affect the normal activities of the child but also prevent the child from walking correctly. Too small shoes will affect the development of children’s foot muscles and ligaments, the toes are squeezed, and deformities are easy to occur.
Choosing a pair of shoes suitable for children will make them more comfortable. So how to choose children’s shoes? Many parents are still not very clear. Here are seven elements for you to refer to for your reference. I hope it can be helpful to everyone.
- Consider child age
- Consider wearing season
- Determine the size of the feet
- Guarantee the quality of shoes
- Select a shoe style
- The price is not too expensive
- Choose the right type
How to buy children’s shoes
1. Consider child age
Babies less than eight or nine months old have not started to walk. At this time, the baby basically does not need to wear shoes, and socks can keep warm.
- Children aged 0-3 have completely completed the process from toddler to their own independent actions. Their body functions are relatively fragile and they are suitable for wearing soft shoes.
- Children aged 3-12 develop rapidly, and they also have their own hobbies and sports habits. Shoes change quickly, and the demand for sports shoes, basketball shoes, and football shoes increases.
- Children 12-16 years of age have gradually entered puberty, and some children’s shoes even have the same needs as adults, but they still focus on comfort.
2. Consider wearing season
Choosing different shoes in different seasons is the same for children. To make children wear more comfortable and happier, it is important to choose according to different climates and temperatures. Especially in winter, buy shoes thicker so that children can wear better.
In summer, sandals, slippers, and mesh shoes are the mainstay. In spring and autumn, sports shoes, leather shoes, and canvas shoes are the main ones. In winter, warm shoes are mainly cotton shoes and boots.
3. Determine the size of the feet
Suitable for children’s feet. When buying children’s shoes, you must take them to buy, so that they can be suitable, otherwise, children will be very uncomfortable to wear, so when buying, you must let children wear more so that you can buy the right shoes, but also Children dress more comfortably. How to measure foot length, please read this article: How to measure the foot length, foot width, inner length and precautions of children.
4. Guarantee the quality of shoes
Check the quality of the shoes. The quality of shoes is very important, especially children’s shoes, if the purchase is not good, it is easy for children to dislike, and it is easy to break. Therefore, when buying, check the quality of your shoes so that your child can wear them longer. It is best to buy products from well-known companies, which have long-term operations and have guaranteed details and quality of children’s shoes.
5. Select a shoe style
Choose the type that your child likes. Every child has different types of shoes, so choose the shoes that your child likes so that they can wear them happier. Today’s children are more picky. If they choose a pair of shoes that the other party does not like, then the child will be very unhappy. Therefore, it is very important to buy a pair of children’s favorite shoes to make them happier.
6. The price is not too expensive
Don’t buy too expensive. Children can easily grow up and their feet can easily grow larger, so you do n’t need to buy too expensive shoes, because children will soon be unable to wear them. The affordable ones can make children wear very well, and also make children It’s comfortable to wear, and that’s enough.
The German Footwear Institute (DSI) recommends taking measurements every 3-4 months to know the child’s actual foot length. Generally speaking, children 2-3 years old grow 2-3 foot yards per year, children in kindergarten stage 2 foot yards per year, school-age children 1-2 foot yards per year.
7. Choose the right type
Don’t buy shoes with thick heels and heavy shoes. Flat bottoms are better. Heeled shoes will cause the center to shift, which is easy to produce bad symptoms such as knee flexion, hip tilt, bow waist. Too heavy shoes can also cause ankle and muscle damage. Flat shoes are good for protecting the normal arch of the foot from causing muscle and ligament strain,
Buy slightly loose, don’t buy skinny. Because children’s muscles and foot bones are very soft, too small children’s shoes will affect the development of foot muscles and ligaments; too large and difficult to grasp the center of gravity, will affect the correct posture of children’s activities and walking. Therefore, it is sufficient to buy slightly loose shoes, and it is advisable to enter one finger.
The classification of children’s shoes, you can view this article: The first step in buying children’s shoes-understand the classification of children’s shoes.
- Buy looser shoes instead of thin ones. Because children’s muscles and foot bones are very soft, shoes that are too small will affect the development of foot muscles and ligaments; too large and difficult to grasp the center of gravity will affect the correct posture of children’s activities and walking.
- Buy cloth shoes: infants under 3 should buy cloth instead of leather. Because the feet have a rich network of nerves and blood vessels, wearing leather shoes will compress local nerves and blood vessels, affecting the growth of the toes and soles. Cloth shoes are lightweight, breathable and comfortable to wear.